Wednesday 1 September 2010

My Autumn Trends

Recently in the press, I read about all what is hot and what is not for AW 10. To be honest I find this all overwhelming and how young women are meant to rush out for the latest trends. I am sorry, I was still not convinced by Vagina hHigh boots last year. They looked great but slightly impractical for the slightly tall challenged. Here is my list of my staples I ALWAYS wear during this season.

1. Fur collars

My personal opinion is that vintage fur collars attached to any jacket or coat, already increases the aesthetic value and updates a tired look. It brings a luxurious look and personally fits in with my style well.

2. Scarves - Granny and Tartan

I own a few scarves, but the main one that is always a staple in my wardrobe is my trusted granny scraf one that easily provide volume to an outfit and the tartan scarf which adds a bit of English heritage to any outfit.

3. Tailored camel and grey trousers

Great for work and provides a different look to the usual bog standard jeans and tshirt look. I am personally not a big fan of just jeans and T-shirt plain Jane look. I must admit I have been caught in those sort of outfits but I stress it is a pure lazy day. I am not a trouser person but I believe in well cut pair of trousers in a interesting non black but professional colour works wonders for an outfit. They smarten any t-shirt.

4. Red Beret

Any friends who read this will know I am always seen in my red beret during winter months. I do enjoy wearing hats and tbh when the big chill comes again this December - January I will be prepared for the weather with my lovely red beret. It is rather useful for friends to find you in crowd of people as well. :)

5. Riding Boots

Classic leather boots that NEVER ever go out of fashion. Must have.

I am now bored of listening to my own rantings. Have a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment